Some interesting word facts:
• The word "noisome" had nothing whatsoever to do with noise.
• "Ordinance" and "ordnance" have two distinct meanings.
• An "errant" fool is a fool who is lost, while and "arrant" fool is one whose foolishness is obvious.
Word Smart II exposes hundreds of examples like these, so readers will never be surprised by vocabulary again. More than 70,000 people have improved their vocabularies with the original Word Smart, but an educated and powerful vocabulary doesn't stop growing with one book. All of the 848 entries in Word Smart II belong in an impressive vocabulary. Learning and using these words effectively can help readers to get better grades, score higher on tests, and communicate more confidently at work.
• A special emphasis on correct pronunciation
• New exercises to help readers learn and remember words
• Two extra chapters that focus on the words most frequently found on the SAT and other standardized tests.